St. Stephen’s Cathedral

St. Stephen’s Cathedral

With its white towers and blue-green domes, this magnificent building is one of the most impressive Baroque churches north of the Alps and was built in the Italian style by architects Carlo Lurago and Giovanni Battista Carlone following Passau’s city fire in 1662. The cathedral’s splendid interior is home to a very special treasure: the world’s largest cathedral organ with 17,974 pipes.

Passau Dom St. Stephan (c) Passau Tourismus
Contact

Diözese Passau
Vertreten durch Generalvikar Prälat Dr. Klaus Metzl
Domplatz 7
94032 Passau
Phone: +49 851 393 0
generalvikariat@bistum-passau.de